We have provided an easy reference to these relevant articles, fact sheets, clinical reviews and clinical studies that examine the clinical, quality and economic outcomes from utilizing a mechanical stabilization device.
Prints of the following clinical studies can be provided by your local representative or by calling customer service at 1-800-545-0890.
- 2. A Prospective Study of Two Intravenous Catheter Securement Techniques in a Skilled Nursing Facility
Kathy Sheppard, Journal of Intravenous Nursing, Vol. 22, No. 3, May/June 1999.
- 3. Improving Short Peripheral IV Outcomes: A Clinical Trial of Two Securement Methods
Timothy Royer, The Journal of the Association for Vascular Access (JAVA), 2003, Vol. 8, No. 4.
- 4. Peripheral Intravenous Catheter Dwell Times: A Comparison of 3 Securement Methods for Implementation of a 96–Hour Scheduled Change Protocol
Bonnie Smith, Journal of Infusion Nursing, Vol. 29, No. 1, January/February 2006.
- 5. Summary of Product Trials for 10,164 Patients: Comparing an Intravenous Stabilizing Device to Tape
Gregory J. Schears, Journal of Infusion Nursing, Vol. 29, No. 4, July/August 2006.
- 6. New Standards for Improving Peripheral IV Catheter Securement
Bonnie Smith and Timothy Royer, Nursing 2007, Vol. 37, No. 3.
- 7. Evaluation of a Visual Infusion Phlebitis Scale for Determining Appropriate Discontinuation of Peripheral Intravenous Catheters
Paulette Gallant, Journal of Infusion Nursing, Vol. 29, No. 6, November/December 2006, 338-345.
- 8. How to Secure a Peripheral IV Catheter
Bonnie Trottier, Infection Control Today, February 2005, Vol. 9, No. 2.
- 9. Caring for a Nontunneled CVC Site
Lynn Hadaway, Nursing 2005, December, Vol. 35, No. 12.
- 10. Catheter stabilization devices Are Becoming Standard of Care
Gregory Schears, American Society of Anesthesiologists, June 2007, Vol. 71 No. 6.
- 11. A Comparative Retrospective Analysis of Two Securement Techniques for Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) and Midlines in the Homecare Setting
Diana Wood and Leigh Ann Bowe-Geddes, Journal of Vascular Access Devices, Vol. 2, No. 3, Fall 1997.
- 12. The Advantages of a Precision-Engineered Securement Device for Fixation of Arterial Pressure-Monitoring Catheters
Catharine Stephenson, The Journal of the Association for Vascular Access "JAVA", 2005, Vol. 10, No. 3.
- 13. Infiltration and Extravasation: Preventing a Complication of IV Catheterization
Lynn Hadaway, American Journal of Nursing, Vol. 107, No. 8, pp. 64-72, August 2007.
- 14. Needlestick Injuries Among Surgeons in Training
M.A. Makary, NEJM, Vol. 356, No. 26.
- 15. Optimizing IV Therapy In The Elderly: Manufactured catheter stabilization devices make their case in multiple studies
Bonnie Smith, R.N., C.R.N.I. and Frances Hannum, B.A., B.S., Advance For Nurses, August 25, 2008.
- 16. Suture-Free Alternati.v.es: New approaches to reduce the risk of suture needle injuries
Jaime Ritter, MPH, CIC, Managing Infection Control, December 2008.
- 17. Influencing Product Evaluation With Hard-Hitting Evidence
Jeannie Akridge, Healthcare Purchasing News, July 2007, Vol. 31, No. 7.
- 18. OSHA Fact Sheet – Securing Medical Catheters
OSHA, U.S. Department of Labor, August 2004.
Link to OSHA
- 19. CDC's Seven Healthcare Safety Challenges
CDC, July 11, 2003.
Link to CDC
- 20. The 4-1-1 on New Infusion Nursing Standards of Practice
Lynn Hadaway, Infection Control Today, June 2006.
- 21. ECRI: OSHA Requires Annual Review of Catheter-Securement Devices
October 1, 2004.
- 22. Techniques for Stabilizing Urinary Catheters
Marilyn Hanchett, M.A., R.N., C.P.H.Q.. American Journal of Nursing, March 2002, Vol. 102, No. 3.
- 23. Catheter Securement Device Provides Substantial Cost Savings
Robert Inbornone, Healthcare Purchasing News, June 2005.
- 24. Catheter stabilization devices Are Becoming Standard of Care
Gregory Schears, American Society of Anesthesiologists, June 2007, Vol. 71, No. 6.
- 25. Securing Quality and Safety Without Tape; Holmes Regional Medical Center
Susan Birk, Materials Management in Health Care, June 2007, Vol. 16, No. 6.
- 26. Cost Containment and Infusion Services
Kathy Kokotis, Supplement to Journal of Infusion Nursing, Vol. 28, No. 3S, May/June 2005, S22:S32.
- 27. Summary of Product Trials for 10,164 Patients: Comparing an Intravenous Stabilizing Device to Tape
Gregory J. Schears, Journal of Infusion Nursing, Vol. 29, No. 4, July/August 2006