- A simple solution for peripheral IV therapy
- A Power Injectable midline catheter
- Up to 29 days of access with a single catheter
- An integrated all-in-one placement device
The PowerGlide® Midline Catheter is inserted into a patient's vascular system for short-term use (<30 days) to sample blood or administer fluids intravenously. These catheters may be used for any patient population with consideration given to adequacy of vascular anatomy and appropriateness of the procedure. The PowerGlide® Midline Catheter is suitable for use with power injectors.
Indicated for up to 29 days reducing the need for multiple peripheral IVs
Body softening polyurethane catheter helps minimize vessel
Allows for the injection of contrast media for CECT scans at maximum flow rates of 7 mL/sec for the 18G, 5 mL/sec for the 20G, and 2 mL/sec for the 22G.
Clinician and Patient Safety
- Unique hub designed for easy identification, helping to eliminate catheter confusion
- Passive needle safety
- Removable blood control mechanism
Ease of Use
Integrated guidewire designed to aid with difficult sticks
Minimal change in technique compared to most peripheral IV catheters
Notched needle allows visual confirmation of flashback before it reaches the flash chamber
Compatible with ultrasound technology, including Site-Rite Prevue® Ultrasound System
The device is contraindicated whenever:
- The presence of device-related infection, bacteremia, or septicemia is known or suspected
- The patient's body size is insufficient to accommodate the size of the implanted device
- The patient is known or is suspected to be allergic to materials contained in the device
- Past irradiation of prospective insertion site
- Previous episodes of venous thrombosis or vascular surgical procedures at the prospective placement site
- Local tissue factors will prevent proper device stabilization and/or access
Therapies not appropriate for a midline catheter include those therapies requiring central venous access. Refer to standards of practice and institutional policies.
Please consult product labels, IFU, and package inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, cautions, and instructions for use.
The PowerGlide® Midline Catheter is currently available in 18, 20, and 22 gauge sizes in 8 cm (3.1") or 10 cm (3.9") lengths and in both basic and full kit configurations. The 22 gauge is only available in 8 cm length.
|Product Code|| Catheter |
| Catheter |
| Power Injection |
|Packaging|| Minimum |
|M122080||22||8 cm||2 mL/sec||Basic Kit||20/case|
|M120080||20||8 cm||5 mL/sec||Basic Kit||20/case|
|M120100||20||10 cm||5 mL/sec||Basic Kit||20/case|
|M118080||18||8 cm||7 mL/sec||Basic Kit||20/case|
|M118100||18||10 cm||7 mL/sec||Basic Kit||20/case|
|M122081||22||8 cm||2 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M120081||20||8 cm||5 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M120101||20||10 cm||5 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M118081||18||8 cm||7 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M118101||18||10 cm||7 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M222081||22||8 cm||2 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M220081||20||8 cm||5 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M220101||20||10 cm||5 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M218081||18||8 cm||7 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M218101||18||10 cm||7 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M000001|| Dressing |
|M000002|| Dressing |
Product Limitations – Therapies not appropriate for a midline catheter include those therapies requiring central venous access. Refer to standards of practice and institutional policies.
|Basic Kit Components||Full Kit Components|
|PowerGlide® Midline Catheter||•||•|
|StatLock® IV Ultra Stabilization Device||•||•|
|Skin Prep Pad||•||•|
|Adhesive Foam Strips (2)||•|
|ChloraPrep™ Solution 3mL||•|
|Gauze (2"x 2") 2 each||•|
|Gauze (4"x 4") 5 each||•|
|*GuardIVa® Antimicrobial Hemostatic IV Dressing||•|
*Not included in M2XXXX1 and M000001 codes.
Please refer below to the Instructions for Use (IFUs) for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, and cautions.