The Sherlock 3CG® Tip Confirmation System (TCS) is Bard's next generation, fully integrated magnetic tracking and ECG-based peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) tip confirmation technology, which represents the next evolution of the Sherlock® II Tip Location System and the previously-marketed Sapiens Tip Confirmation System.
- Simultaneous View of Catheter Tip Tracking and ECG
Catheter tip tracking and ECG confirmation are integrated on the same graphical display.
- Static ECG baseline
Provides comparative ECG waveform for interpretation of P-wave changes and to assist in maximum P-wave identification.
- Dynamic ECG waveform
Measures changes in P-wave morphology to allow the clinician to position the catheter tip in proximity to the cavoatrial junction.
- Ability to maintain sterile field
Through-drape connection allows clinician to maintain maximal barrier sterile field during placement. Probe and wireless remote allow the clinician to maintain sterility while interfacing with Sherlock 3CG® TCS.
- Tip Confirmation documentation
Allows for PICC tip location to be easily documented in patient's chart or stored on the Sherlock 3CG® TCS System.
- Guideline Compliance
By helping to position the PICC tip in proximity to the cavoatrial junction, the Sherlock 3CG® TCS System helps clinicians comply with AVA and INS guidelines for proper PICC placement.
- Indicated for use as an alternative method to chest X-ray and fluoroscopy for PICC tip placement confirmation in adult patients.
- Immediate confirmation of PICC tip position at the bedside and immediate release of the PICC line.
- Increases placement efficiency and reduces catheter malpositions as compared to “blind” catheter placements.
- Eliminates costs associated with confirmatory chest X-ray and time previously spent waiting for X-ray confirmation readings.
- Eliminates confirmatory chest X-ray exposure to the patient and clinician.
Getting to the heart of the matter…
Using x-ray to confirm PICC tip placement wastes clinical care time, exposes patients to harmful radiation, and delays medical therapy. The Sherlock 3CG® Tip Confirmation System (TCS) gets to the heart of this problem by using an adult patient's cardiac electrical activity to position the tip of the PICC in close proximity to the cavoatrial junction (CAJ). Final tip location is confirmed by the nurse at the bedside and infusion therapy can begin immediately without the need for a confirmatory chest x-ray.
In a clinical study, 99.1% of 114 PICCs were placed at the CAJ or within +/- 1 cm using Bard® Tip Confirmation Technology.
†Data on File (Bard Access Systems, Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah)
Comprehensive and Integrated Solutiuon
Sherlock 3CG® TCS simplifies the PICC insertion process by combining PICC tip placement technology into select Site~Rite® Ultrasound systems:
The Site~Rite Vision® Ultrasound System is a "one-stop shop" for PICC placement-
- Evaluate and assess patient vasculature
- Select and access the appropriate vessel
- Use Sherlock 3CG® TCS tip tracking technology to locate and navigate the catheter tip to the SVC
- Use Sherlock 3CG® TCS ECG technology to distinguish changes in P-wave amplitude
- Confirm catheter tip placement at the CAJ without the need for a confirmatory chest X-ray
- DICOM or printed documentation
Sherlock 3CG® TCS Standalone System
Sherlock 3CG® TCS is available as a separate standalone system for customers not using the Site~Rite Vision® Ultrasound System. This device provides the same great benefits of the integrated system but provides flexibility for use across multiple imaging platforms.
PowerPICC SOLO®2 Catheters with Sherlock 3CG® TPS Stylet
|Product Code||Catheter Size||Lumens||Tray|
|1194108D||4 F||Single||Max Barrier|
|1295108D||5 F||Dual||Max Barrier|
|1295108FD||5 F||Dual||Max Barrier (PowerPICC® FT)|
|1295108F||5 F||Dual||Full (PowerPICC® FT)|
|1395108QD||5 F||Triple||Max Barrier|
|1396108D||6 F||Triple||Max Barrier|
PowerPICC® Catheters with Sherlock 3CG® TPS Stylet
|Product Code||Catheter Size||Lumens||Tray|
|1173108D||3 F||Single||Max Barrier (PowerPICC® SV)|
|1173108||3 F||Single||Full (PowerPICC® SV)|
|1174108D||4 F||Single||Max Barrier|
|1274108D||4 F||Dual||Max Barrier (PowerPICC® SV)|
|1274108||4 F||Dual||Full (PowerPICC® SV)|
|1175108D||5 F||Single||Max Barrier|
|1275108D||5 F||Dual||Max Barrier|
|1275108FD||5 F||Dual||Max Barrier (PowerPICC® FT)|
|1275108F||5 F||Dual||Full (PowerPICC® FT)|
|1385108QD||5 F||Triple||Max Barrier|
|1386108D||6 F||Triple||Max Barrier|
Hardware Product Codes
|9770029||Site~Rite Vision® System (with Sherlock 3CG® TCS software)|
|9770130||Sherlock 3CG® TCS Netbook Display|
|9770131||Sherlock 3CG® TCS Sensor|
|9770132||Sherlock 3CG® TCS Standalone System|
|9770133||Sherlock 3CG® TCS for the MER|
|9770134||Sherlock 3CG® TCS for the Site~Rite® 6 Ultrasound System|
|9770135||Sherlock 3CG® TCS for existing Site~Rite Vision® Customers|
|9770068||Sherlock 3CG® TCS Remote Control|
|9770083||Brother™ MW-260 Printer|
|9770084||Brother™ Printer Paper|
|9770037||Seiko™ Thermal Printer Paper|
|9770116||Medical Equipment Roll Stand (MER)|
Please refer below to the Instructions for Use (IFUs) for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, and cautions.
- Sherlock 3CG® TCS Standalone IFU
- Sherlock 3CG® TCS for use with Site~Rite™ 6 Ultrasound System IFU
- Sherlock 3CG® TCS for use with Site~Rite Vision® Ultrasound System IFU
- Sherlock 3CG™ TCS for use with Site~Rite Vision™ II Ultrasound System IFU
- PICC Placement IFU with Sherlock 3CG® TCS
- Sapiens TCS Hardware IFU (available 2/2011 – 6/2012)
- PICC Placement IFU with Sapiens TCS (available 2/2011 – 6/2012)
Sherlock 3CG® TCS is indicated for use as an alternative to chest x-ray and fluoroscopy for PICC tip placement confirmation in adult patients. Any alterations of cardiac rhythms that change the normal presentation of the P-wave limit the use of ECG tip confirmation technology. In these instances, confirm PICC tip location using an alternative method. Please consult instructions for use for additional safety information.