- Three-way Groshong* valve
- Negative pressure opens valve inward
- Positive pressure opens valve outward
- At neutral pressure, valve remains closed
- Reduces costs
- Decreased flushing frequency
- Simplified routine maintenance
Available sizes: 3.5, 5.5, 7, and 8 Fr. Single-Lumen & 5 and 9.5 Fr. Dual-Lumen
Valved Groshong* Catheters may help to regulate
costs by regulating fluid infusion and aspiration.
Because of its unique design, the three-way Groshong* valve allows infusion and blood
aspiration while reducing the risk of air embolism, blood reflux and clotting. Flushing
frequency is decreased because the valve prevents blood from backing into the
catheter and clotting. Because the system is closed, routine maintenance is
simplified and the need for heparin is virtually eliminated.
The three-way Groshong* valve offers performance advantages no
other catheter provides. The valve may reduce costs associated
with nursing time and supplies because it allows Groshong*
Catheters to operate as a closed system.
- Negative pressure opens valve inward, permitting
- Positive pressure opens valve outward,
- At neutral pressure, valve remains closed, reducing
risk of air embolism, blood reflux and clotting
- Tip-placement allows measurement of catheter to size
during implantation for more accurate tip placement
- Unique design virtually eliminates use of
heparin and can minimize nursing time required for
maintenance and may improve the cost-effectiveness
- Depth markings aid assessment of catheter depth
- Flush-through stylet adds rigidity to single-lumen catheters
and increases convenience of system priming
Please consult product labels, IFU and package inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, cautions and instructions for use.
Please refer to the below-listed Instructions for Use (IFUs) for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings and cautions.