- Three-way Groshong® valve
- Negative pressure opens valve inward
- Positive pressure opens valve outward
- At neutral pressure, valve remains closed
- Reduces costs
- Decreased flushing frequency
- Simplified routine maintenance
Available sizes: 3.5, 5.5, 7, and 8 Fr. Single-Lumen & 5 and 9.5 Fr. Dual-Lumen
Valved Groshong® Catheters may help to regulate
costs by regulating fluid infusion and aspiration.
Because of its unique design, the three-way Groshong® valve
allows infusion and blood aspiration while reducing the risk of
air embolism, blood reflux and clotting. Flushing frequency is
decreased because the valve prevents blood from backing
into the catheter and clotting. Because the system is
closed, routine maintenance is simplified and the
need for heparin is virtually eliminated.
The three-way Groshong® valve offers performance
advantages no other catheter provides. The valve
may reduce costs associated with nursing time
and supplies because it allows Groshong®
Catheters to operate as a closed system.
- Negative pressure opens valve inward, permitting
- Positive pressure opens valve outward,
- At neutral pressure, valve remains closed, reducing
risk of air embolism, blood reflux and clotting
- Tip-placement allows measurement of catheter to size during implantation for more accurate tip placement
- Unique design virtually eliminates use of heparin and can minimize nursing time required for maintenance and may improve the cost-effectiveness of therapy
- Depth markings aid assessment of catheter depth during insertion
- Flush-through stylet adds rigidity to single-lumen catheters and increases convenience of system priming
Please consult product labels, IFU, and package inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, cautions, and instructions for use.
Please refer below to the Instructions for Use (IFUs) for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, and cautions.