- A simple solution for peripheral IV therapy
- A Power Injectable midline catheter
- Up to 29 days of access with a single catheter
- An integrated all-in-one placement device
The PowerGlide* Midline Catheter is inserted into a patient's vascular system for short-term use (<30 days) to sample blood or administer fluids intravenously. These catheters may be used for any patient population with consideration given to adequacy of vascular anatomy and appropriateness of the procedure. The PowerGlide* Midline Catheter is suitable for use with power injectors.
Indicated for up to 29 days reducing the need for multiple peripheral IVs
Body softening polyurethane catheter helps minimize vessel wall trauma
Allows for the injection of contrast media for CECT scans at a maximum rate of 5 mL/sec
Clinician and Patient Safety
- Unique hub designed for easy identification,
helping to eliminate catheter confusion
- Passive needle safety
- Removable blood control mechanism
Ease of Use
Integrated guidewire designed to aid with difficult sticks
Minimal change in technique compared to most peripheral IV catheters
Notched needle allows visual confirmation of flashback before it reaches the flash chamber
Compatible with ultrasound technology, including Site-Rite Prevue* Ultrasound System
The device is contraindicated whenever:
- The presence of device-related infection, bacteremia, or septicemia is known or suspected
- The patient's body size is insufficient to accommodate the size of the implanted device
- The patient is known or is suspected to be allergic to materials contained in the device
- Past irradiation of prospective insertion site
- Previous episodes of venous thrombosis or vascular surgical procedures at the prospective placement site
- Local tissue factors will prevent proper device stabilization and/or access
Therapies not appropriate for a midline catheter include: continuous vesicants, parenteral nutrition, solutions with pH < 5 and > 9, solutions with greater than 600 mOsm/L.
Please consult product labels, IFU and package inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, cautions and instructions for use.
The PowerGlide* Midline Catheter is currently available in 20 gauge in 8 cm (3.1") or 10 cm (3.9") lengths and in both basic and full kit configurations.
|Product Code||Catheter Gauge||Catheter Length|| Power Injection
|Packaging||Minimum Order Qty|
|M020081||20||8 cm||5 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M020101||20||10 cm||5 mL/sec||Full Kit||10/case|
|M020080||20||8cm||5 mL/sec||Basic Kit||20/case|
|M020100||20||10 cm||5 mL/sec||Basic Kit||20/case|
|M000001||-||-||-||Dressing Change Kit||30/case|
Product Limitations – Therapies not appropriate for a midline catheter include: continuous vesicants, parenteral nutrition, solutions with pH < 5 and > 9, solutions with greater than 600 mOsm/L.
|Basic Kit Components||Full Kit Components|
|PowerGlide* Midline Catheter||•||•|
|StatLock® IV Ultra Stabilization Device||•||•|
|ChrloraPrep* Solution 3mL||•|
|Gauze (2"x 2") 2 each||•|
|Gauze (4"x 4") 1 each||•|
Please refer to the below-listed Instructions for Use (IFUs) for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings and cautions.